Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Searching for inspiration and getting back my mojo

I've taken some time off from quilting and from creating.  The little bit of work that I've done lately, I wouldn't post for a couple of reasons; much of it was not particularly creative or interesting.  

However, there were 7 pillows made from the flannel shirts and wild ties of a man that passed away a few years ago.  His daughter found me through a friend of a friend.  She had the idea to make something out of his shirts and ties - none of which seemed to go together.  We decided pillows would work and she picked out one special tie for each recipient and let me work around those selections.  The results were remarkable.  The front of the shirts became the back of the pillow, with the button front and breast pockets in tact so a note, picture or such could be tucked inside.  The ties became a fan pattern on the front of the pillow.  She was pleased with the results and I hope her family was, too.  It was a pleasure to make them and I got a sense of the man through his choice in ties - and the fact that his daughter wanted to preserve the memories of him in that way.  It touched my heart. 

With that project done, I'm now looking for inspiration.  What inspires creation?  What satisfies the soul?  What moves the spirit?

I'll let you know what happens next. 

1 comment:

Wanda - Scraphappy Blended Quilter said...

The pillows sound lovely! I would love to see them. What a wonderful treasure for the family :) I am hoping for your inspiration to unfold into something "quilty" - Enjoy!